SG2 Modular Summary
NEXUS SCHOOL: MODULE SUMMARY
Term 3 Topic: Seasons
|TERM: 3 (2018)||CLASS: SG2 Teacher: Megan King|
|Physical Development |
· Sports Coaches led games
· Through dance children will improves communication and social skills. practise and perform basic and challenging moves
· Present themselves well and be confident in body language and promotes their skills in working in a team successfully.
They will improves fitness, health, agility and co-ordination skills and develop spatial awareness. Also broadens horizons, opening minds to new and interesting opportunities for example
|Communication and Language |
· Lego Therapy – for students developing interaction communication.
· Individual Communication – Students will learn to use their individual communication aids (PECS books, Communication Books, iPads) to enhance their communication skills.
· Writing opportunities for diary, posters, narrative and letters
Use ICT for PowerPoint presentation on information relating to the topic
· Basic number skills
· Data handling, collecting, sorting and presenting information on weather and temperature in contrasting localities
· Selecting recipes from each season, winter recipes.
· Developing skills of cutting, slicing and peeling when preparing food for cooking.
· Evaluation of recipes designed and suggesting improvements for next recipes.
· Shopping trips to local supermarket to buy the ingredients.
· Evaluating recipes prepared.
· Setting the table and dining using appropriate manners
· Planting herbs
· Life cycles of plants and animals
· Changes of State
· The planets – how they affect seasons
· Blossom tree
· Seasonal tree
· Sensory art display
· Weather plate
· Hand print trees and printing leaves
· Four Seasons – Vivaldi “Four Seasons”
· Recall internet safety rules
· Word processing skills literacy
· Research, information etc
· Online shopping
· CAD/CAM program
· Personal Care
· Religious Festivals celebrating Spring
· Chinese New Year/Chinese Zodiac
· Working Together
· Recap Phonics phase 5/6
· Guided Reading
· Seasonal poetry
· Writing poems
· Short stories
· Non-fiction text
· Weather/climate around the world
· Places I have been
· Significant facts about countries