SG2 Modular Summary
NEXUS SCHOOL: MODULE SUMMARY
Term 5 Topic: Habitats
|TERM: 3 (2018)||CLASS: SG2 Teacher: Megan King|
|Physical Development |
· Circuits – improving co-ordination, following a schedule, improving fitness and communication through group activities
· Through dance children will improves communication and social skills. practise and perform basic and challenging moves
They will improves fitness, health, agility and co-ordination skills and develop spatial awareness.
|Communication and Language |
· Lego Therapy – for students developing interaction communication.
· Individual Communication – Students will learn to use their individual communication aids (PECS books, Communication Books, iPads) to enhance their communication skills.
· Writing opportunities for diary, posters, narrative and letters. Practicing Handwriting 15 each day.
· Developing communication through group activities and discussing their work using individual communication aids
· Basic number skills
· Using money
· Developing skills of cutting, slicing and peeling when preparing food for cooking.
· Shopping trips to local supermarket to buy the ingredients.
· Setting the table and dining using appropriate manners
· Preparing simple ingredients and investigating textures and flavours
· Planting herbs
· animals and their homes
· Habitats around the school
· Our allotment – growing fruits and vegetables
· Investigating bugs and ponds
· Making bird feeders
· Listening to wildlife-inspired music and miming the movements of different animals
Making Feeling Flowers
Making a bird feeder
Decorating plant pots
· Recall internet safety rules
· Word processing skills literacy
· Research, information etc
· Online shopping
· CAD/CAM program
|PSHE/RE/Work related learning|
· Personal Care
· Working Together
· Mindfullness/How am I feeling?
· Laundry, Cleaning, Recycling, Shopping
· Guided Reading
· Seasonal poetry
· Short stories
· Non-fiction text
· English Woodland
Creatures in the Sea