SG2 Modular Summary
NEXUS SCHOOL: MODULE SUMMARY
Term 6 Topic: Festivals
|TERM: 6 (2018)||CLASS: SG2 Teacher: Megan King|
|Physical Development |
· Quick Cricket and Rounders – through team sports encouraging communication. Students will work in teams, either batting or fielding. They will have 2 sessions per week for PE and will practice throwing and catching in pairs as well as following the lines for running.
· Through dance children will improves communication and social skills. practise and perform basic and challenging moves .
· Students will also have a sensory circuit each morning or afternoon.
They will improves fitness, health, agility and co-ordination skills and develop spatial awareness.
|Communication and Language |
· Lego Therapy – for students developing interaction communication.
· Individual Communication – Students will learn to use their individual communication aids (PECS books, Communication Books, iPads) to enhance their communication skills.
· Writing opportunities e.g book reviews, answering questions or giving opinions. Practicing Handwriting 15 mins each day.
· Developing communication through group activities and discussing their work using individual communication aids
· Basic number skills
· Using money
· Developing skills of cutting, slicing and peeling when preparing food for cooking.
· Shopping trips to local supermarket to buy the ingredients.
· Setting the table and dining using appropriate manners
· Preparing simple ingredients and investigating textures and flavours
· Continuing to look after plants and develop allotment area.
· Simple investigations, identifying what students think will happen prior to the experiment.
· Students to explain the method and what happened.
· Music festival project – design a festival for nexus students.
· Listen and choose different music for their festival
· Make a poster and design a festival space
· Art lessons making festival flags, cards
· Recall internet safety rules
· Word processing skills literacy
· Research, information etc
· Online shopping
|PSHE/RE/Work related learning|
· Personal Care
· Working Together
· Mindfullness/How am I feeling?
· Laundry, Cleaning, Recycling, Shopping
· Religious festivals
· Guided Reading
· Seasonal poetry
· Short stories
· Non-fiction text
· Festivals around the world