NEXUS SCHOOL: MODULE SUMMARY
Term 3 Topic: Seasons
|TERM: 3 (2018) CLASS: SG1 Teacher: Sukhi Lall|
- Sports Coaches led games
- Present themselves well and be confident in body language and promotes their skills in working in a team successfully.
- They will improves fitness, health, agility and co-ordination skills and develop spatial awareness. Also broadens horizons, opening minds to new and interesting opportunities for example
- Running, jumping, striking and athletics
Communication and Language
- Lego Therapy – for students developing interaction communication.
- Individual Communication – Students will learn to use their individual communication aids (PECS books, Communication Books, iPads) to enhance their communication skills.
- Writing opportunities for diary, posters, narrative and letters
Use ICT for PowerPoint presentation on information relating to the topic
- Basic number skills
- Data handling, collecting, sorting and presenting information on weather and temperature in contrasting localities
- Selecting recipes from each season, winter recipes.
- Developing skills of cutting, slicing and peeling when preparing food for cooking.
- Evaluation of recipes designed and suggesting improvements for next recipes.
- Shopping trips to local supermarket to buy the ingredients.
- Evaluating recipes prepared.
- Setting the table and dining using appropriate manners
- Solar system
- Seasonal changes
- Winter’s day, summer’s day. Autumn ‘s day and spring’s day
- Seasons and weather
- Foods in seasons
- Seasonal tree
- Blossom tree
- Sensory art display
- Four season by Vivaldi
- Observational drawings of musical instruments
- Life of Vivaldi – composition
- Pitch in music
- Colours representing mood
- Four seasons wheel
- Music corner – learning to play an instrument
- Musical instrument – DT
- Music notation
- Recall internet safety rules
- Word processing skills literacy
- Research, information etc
- Online shopping
- CAD/CAM program
- Music program
- Health and well-being – talking about healthy eating, exercise etc.
- Living in the wider world- understanding cultural difference, Relationships – communication and interactions with peers and adults in class and outside
- Recap Phonics phase 5/6
- Guided Reading –
- Guided writing- sentences structure
- Writing letters
- Seasonal poetry – Writing poems
- Short stories
- Non-fiction – fiction text
- Weather/climate around the world
- Temperature (coldest/hottest places) Vivaldi’s life
- Vivaldi’s Venice