Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium
Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium
Department for Education Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium – All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Since September 2013 the Government has allocated funding directly to primary schools to support the provision and quality of PE and sport delivered in schools. Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. Every school with more than 17 primary aged pupils receives £16,000 plus a premium of £10 per pupil. Schools have to spend the funding on improving their PE and sport provision.
The expectation is that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
Under the new Inspection Framework, Ofsted inspectors will assess how effectively leaders use the Primary PE and Sport Premium and measure its impact on outcomes for pupils, and how effectively governors hold them to account for this. Improvements should enhance, rather than maintain existing provision.
Nexus School priorities for 2016/2017 are:
Please note that the priorities below are for all pupils at Nexus not just those within Primary but throughout the school.
- To continue to develop and extend the subject knowledge of staff responsible for teaching PE in order to increase the quality of teaching and learning
- To offer all pupils the opportunity to access traditional and non-traditional sporting activity to increase engagement levels and to encourage a lifelong skills
- To provide pupils with the opportunity to participate in a variety of competitive sporting activities outside of Nexus