- TEACCH Activities
- Size and Shape
- Positional Vocabulary
- Number Rhymes and Songs
- Interactive Games On Whiteboard and Ipad
- Grouping Objects
- Board Games – Bingo, Matching Games
Please encourage your children to count objects at home and talk about the shape and colour of different items.
|Communication, Language and Literacy:|
- TEACCH Activities
- Reading and Phonics – Listening to Stories on Whiteboard
- Writing and Fine Motor Skill Development
- Speaking and Listening/Individual Communication Programmes
Please encourage your children to attempt fastenings etc. as this will support their fine motor skill development. Also, lots of communication is great. We are happy to provide visual supports that encourage and support further communication at home and extend each individual’s learning.
- Daily Sensory Circuits devised alongside the Occupational Therapy team to support the children’s learning and their ability to focus on activities.
We can provide you with information for Sensory Circuits that can be completed at home. Please ask a member of the Primary 2 team.
- Opportunities to access the outside area throughout the school day. PE sessions will be completed on a weekly basis in the school hall. These will consist of activities and games to develop movement and coordination skills. Opportunity to access swimming.
|Expressive Arts and Design:|
- Music – Using different instruments to make sounds and singing Interactive Music songs. Different songs of reference to be used throughout the school day.
- Art – Exploring a variety of art materials and making choices.
|Understanding the World:|
- RE – Being part of a group/community – developing relationships with others and learning to share and be kind.
- Understanding the World – Local Community – Exploring the school environments both inside and outside. Recognising people in school who help us.
- Use of a range of technological devices e.g. Ipad, Computer, Interactive Whiteboard, Interactive toys and games.
|Personal, Social and Emotional Development:|
- Developing all independence skills and communication.
- Learning to work with each other and share our toys and equipment.