Nexus was last inspected by Ofsted in May 2017.
Please follow the Ofsted link to read the most recent reports and relevant information from the Department for Education Performance Tables:
Please note that the school was known as Ridge View School until September 2017 when it changed its name to Nexus. All Ofsted inspection reports to date are in the name of Ridge View.
Ofsted Report Quotes – May 2017
- “Staff care deeply for pupils. They treat them with kindness and respect at all times”
- “Teaching meets pupils’ learning needs well so they make good progress. Activities are well planned and appropriate to support pupils”
- “Pupils’ behave well in lessons and around the school. They feel safe and have confidence to share concerns”
- “16-19 provision meets students’ needs well and they are supported effectively to move to the next stage of their education or care”
- Teachers use a wide range of strategies to capture and sustain pupils’ interests. Pupils’ good participation has a positive impact on their learning and progress”
- “Pupils develop effective communication skills”
- “Lessons are well structured to promote independence. Pupils have opportunities to make choices and have ownership of their learning”
- “Pupils enjoy coming to school”