TG Modular Summary
Term 4 Topic – Healthy Living
|Life skills – 4 sessions per week|
- Learning to make pizzas, side salads and cheesecakes
- Planning healthy, nutritious meals
- working hygienically
- Researching recipes that are cost effective
- Write shopping lists
- Research prices, comparing supermarket prices
- Shopping trips to buy ingredients
- Cooking items to sell in the Nexus café
|Horticulture – 3 sessions per week|
- planting out vegetable seeds grown inside
- care and maintain the allotment
|Home management – 1 session per week|
- care for the life skills house – cleaning windows, bathroom and work surfaces, sweeping, hoovering and washing floors
- take responsibility for household tasks & classroom jobs
- use of the washing machine and ironing
|Creativity – 3 sessions per week|
- study nature – photograph trees, grass and plants – draw and paint items on a big scale.
- research nature artists and study their work.
- recreate an artist’s work
- collage work – using textiles design a bird
|PE/sport/exercise – 3 sessions per week|
- daily morning walking/running – challenge ourselves this term with number of laps
- learn to play tennis – improving our hand/eye co-ordination, working on rallies, hitting accurately, backhand, forehand and volley.
- learn the rules of tennis and how to play
- Boxing once a week – learning self control, discipline and listening to instructions.
|Enterprise – 4 sessions per week|
- continue to run Nexus café as self funding project.
- update marketing literature – leaflets and posters for term.
- distribute to drivers, escorts, parents, families and carers.
- decide items to sell – sausage rolls, fruit loaf, cookies, muffins and cornflake cakes.
- introduce loyalty card.
- add up takings each week
- decide what to purchase with money made.
|Literacy – 4 sessions per week|
Gangsta Granny theme for TG2 this term.
- handwriting to continue to develop fine motor skills and writing/story practice and punctuation.
- guided reading – work on independent reading skills and comprehension.
- vocabulary/spellings – improve understanding of words. Learn key words for specific topics.
- World Book Day 7th March – various activities.
|3D design/DT – 4 sessions per week |
- research and plan to make recycled bird feeders.
- research and play to make wind chimes for sensory garden.
|Embedded functional skills (across timetable)|
- numeracy/maths – counting, weighing, measuring, time setting, time awareness, money, prices
- ICT – researching topics, creating word documents, copying, saving & storing information/text and use in everyday life – writing sentences using words and visuals.
- Use of internet and e-safety.
|Numeracy – Time|
- days of the weeks
- sequence of time
- converting digital and analogue
- calculating hours, minutes and seconds
|Work skills (different days/times)|
- Some to attend college courses at Horizons or Hadlow, or work experience at Aspens.
|PHSE/mentoring – 1 session per week|
- healthy eating and diet
- exercise/healthy living
- personal hygiene
- importance of downtime – relaxing